KENYA: Life Saving Chaplaincy Australia International Coordinator Terry Legg continues to hear back great news from Life Saving bodies in Africa for the demand of chaplains.
Terry commented this week, “Life Saving Kenya President notified me of ten people he wants to send down to Durban in South Africa to be trained as chaplains.” “This will likely occur either side of the World Life Saving Pool Championships which takes place in Durban later this year.”
South African Sports Chaplaincy National Leader Bruce Nadin who will be leading the training said he is also considering traveling to Kenya to assist them establish and develop Sports Chaplaincy Kenya (SCK).
Please pray for Terry, Bruce and the Kenyan trainees as they serve in Africa.
Some interesting unknown facts…
- Kenya Life Saving is part of the Kenya Sports Federation
- 2 people drown every minute
- 50% of Americans cannot swim
- Drowning is the 3rd leading cause of death worldwide
- Drowning is easily preventable