SCA Chaplaincy Accreditation Criteria
Our accredited chaplains are required to satisfy certain minimum criteria, including completion of our Advanced Sports Chaplaincy Training.
- Attendance at one of our Orientation to Sports Chaplaincy sessions
- A clear sense of calling to serve as a sports chaplain
- Evidence of effective ministry with your local church
- Endorsement by your local church regarding your suitability
- Regular pastoral accountability and church attendance
- An appreciation of the pastoral care needs of the sporting community and a capacity to respond to those needs
- Agreement to comply with our Code of Conduct and Guiding Principles
- Ability to provide a current Working with Children's Check (or your state's equivalent credential)
- Satisfactory completion of our Advanced Sports Chaplaincy Training (Certificate in Sports Chaplaincy)
If you are unsure about any of the requirements, please contact our Accreditation Team.
Once your completed application and all supporting documents have been received by our office, we will assess your information, contact your referees, and have your local SCA coordinator contact you for an interview. You’ll be notified of your suitability and, if successful, awarded your accreditation.