SCA Chaplain Standards
The next step in your application is to meet certain minimum criteria. We also require you to complete at least our Level 1 Training course prior to accreditation.
The following are the minimum criteria:
- A clear sense of calling to serve as a sports chaplain
- Evidence of effective ministry with your local church
- Endorsement by your local church regarding your suitability
- Regular pastoral accountability and church attendance
- An appreciation of the pastoral care needs of the sporting community and a capacity to respond to those needs
- A commitment to promptly complete our Level 2 Training course (Certificate in Sports Chaplaincy)
If you are unsure of any prerequisites, please contact our Membership Team.
Once your completed application, including supporting documentation, has been received by our office we will assess your information, contact your referees, and have your SCA Member Referee contact you for an interview. After this procedure has been completed, you’ll be notified of your suitability and, if successful, awarded your accreditation.