A first of its kind conference for New Zealand in July 2017 will be focusing on sports, leisure and how it intersects with Christian faith and practice.
The conference is seeking to equip pastors, community leaders, sports chaplains, sports professionals, athletes, even ‘the dad coaching his son’s soccer team’, in topics like,
- The place of competition in the Christian life?
- What does the bible teach about the place of sport and recreation in spiritual formation?
- The religiousness of sport in a secular age?
- What can we learn about leadership from the world of elite sport?
“So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him” (2 Cor. 5:9)
Keynote Speakers Include
- Dr Robert Ellis (Regent’s Park College, Oxford)
- Ian Foster (Assistant Coach – All Blacks)
- Grace Rasmussen (Netballer, NZ Silver Ferns)
Other speakers include Myk Habets, Phil Halstead, Paul Askin and Sports Chaplaincy Australia’s Cameron Butler.